From: KathrynKL@aol.com [mailto:KathrynKL@aol.com]
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2000 9:58 AM
To: Elisabeth.Porteneuve@cetp.ipsl.fr; chicoinc@pepermartin.com;
weinberg@mail.msen.com
Cc: Eric.Menge@sba.gov; bburr@ntia.doc.gov; council@dnso.org
Subject: Re: [council] Comment deadlines

I think we create a deadline that gives everyone the full business day to
get
their comments in.  Nothing lost and perhaps nothing gained, but no one is
excluded.

I should note that when dealing with small businesses, individuals, and
consumer groups, even government agencies (in the US, my base of experience)

are not unduly rigid about deadlines.  It is recognized that these groups
rarely have the formal legal staffs of corporations and associations, and
that it is more important to get the comments than to be unduly rigid about
deadlines.

Kathy