Re: [council] Re: Alternates

I must agree with Caroline and other more cautious voices on the Council. As
elected NC representatives we have a responsibility and that responsibility
should not be loaned out because it is convenient for one reason or another.
To allow proxies for an election seems the right limit and concurs with
normal electoral practice.

If an NC member has volunteered for a task and cannot make a meeting then I
would hope that first the NC member looks to their own constituency and
then, looks even to other NC members.  An assumption that every NC task
needs the advocacy of a partial view is a bad assumption. The NC will
function best when we cooperate towards a common goal.

Philip
Philip Sheppard
AIM - European Brands Association
9  av. des Gaulois  B-1040 Brussels