[council] Working Group C Co-Chair

Elisabeth this is the email I propose to send.  First, does this work
with your schedule? (I forgot when you are on vacation with your family)
If so, please feel free to suggest a different timetable that works with
your schedule. Please also insert to where people should email their
nominations and acceptances?

Thanks,
Caroline

During today's teleconference, it was pointed out that no one on the
Names Council  has replaced Javier Sola as the co-chair of WGC.  A copy
of its charter is attached for your convenience.
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/19990625.NCwgc.html.

This email is to call for nominations/volunteers for a Names Coucil
member to act as new co-chair for WG C.  Nominations/Volunteers should
be emailed to [Elisabeth???] no later than 18 CET December 22.  A final
list of nominees/volunteers who have accepted their nominations and a
vote will then be emailed to you y 18 CET December 23rd,  and all votes
must be received by 18 ET December 30th.  The person with the most votes
will be co-chair.  If only one nominee/volunteer is nominated and
accepts the nomination, he or she shall be deemed the co-chair without a
vote (I do not see the need of dragging people and Elisabeth through the
holidays).

I was requested to remind you all that the co-chair is only intended to
be a liaison between the Chair and the Names Council and the co-chair is
not expected to "run the show".  The Co-chair is there to provide
assistance and support to the Chair, when needed, to apprise the Names
Council of any problems within a WG, and to keep the Names Council
apprised of the status of the WG in general.