[council] your recent article

i believe that your mistaken in your recent article where you state that :

"Only domains Network Solutions assigns after Jan. 1 will be subject to ICANN's rules."

jerry... that statement is just not correct.

based on conversations i have had with NSI staff as well as ICANN staff & lawyers, NSI will be or has already adopted the URDP for all domains registered both past & future. there may be a notice period required under the old registration agreements but that is probably only 30-60 days at most before those domains will fall under the UDRP. also any current domain that is renewed will automatically fall under the UDRP.

should my statements be "substantively correct" i believe it would be a good idea for you to strongly consider printing a "re-clarification" so as to clear up any confusion caused by the current wording.

i am sure you can contact either don telage or phil sbarbaro and confirm my comments

best wishes for a happy holiday season

Ken Stubbs
e-mail:  kstubbs@corenic.org
ICQ#: 18781607