From: Victoria Carrington
To: Nigel Roberts ; Elisabeth Porteneuve
Cc: council@dnso.org
Sent: Friday, December 03, 1999 7:56 AM
Subject: Re: [council] GA Chair nominations

Nigel, I think we all have the same problem.  It seems every second message I read has the words SELECTIVE CENSORSHIP in great big letters and the observation that the sender cannot post to any of the DNSO lists.  Admittedly I haven't examined the headers in great detail - I simply don't have the time right now, with work and IPC matters, (perhaps if I didn't have to scan through 20 unconstructive messages, most of which are probably written by one person masquerading as a number of different individuals, for every one that is truly relevant to some real issue, there would be more time left over).  But in my more frustrated moments (such as now), it occurs to me that "censorship" may possibly not be the best word to describe a situation where not only can the alleged censored person's posts be read by everyone else involved in this process along with the writer, these "censored" posts cannot even be avoided by leaving the very lists the person is allegedly being censored in!  How can these people possibly claim they are being silenced?  Their "silence" is so deafening that hardly anyone else's voice can be heard and people are being driven to flee from the lists just to avoid the noise.

V.