Re: [council] Call for comments on the Interim Report from theWG-C,new gTLDs.

>  If no one objects to the 45 day comment period (with January 3 being the
>  deadline), Elisabeth and I'll draft an announcement to go out.

I object.  January 3 is the Monday following an international holiday weekend
and the Christmas/New Year's period.  It is very difficult for small and
noncommercial organizations to finalize documents for this day.

I put forward one week later, Monday, Janaury 10, as the deadline for
comment.  I think it is a more realistic date for getting substantive
comments and I don't think it hurts the process at all.

I also object to having notices put out like this for same day comment.  As
we have been reminded by others in the NC, people travel and we are on
different time schedules.  Let's always allow at least 3 days for input.

kathy