[Fwd: [Fwd: [council] Summary of nomination/selection to be forwarded to ICANN]]

In principle, well written and suitable for the purpose.
A couple of very minor stylistic changes are recommended
by me. I hope they are helpful.

>   The DNSO Names Council confirms the selection of the three DNSO
>   representatives to the ICANN Board, and hereby presents them to the ICANN
>   Board. The selected candidates are:

Proposed wording:

 "The Names Council presents the results of its recent election for
 three DNSO representative on the board and confirms that the
 following three people are selected:"

Reasoning: We had an election. (and hard work it was too <smile>).

The proposed wording shows that we had an election.
At the same time noting Joe's statement that we /didn't/ have an
'election',
just a 'selection'.

We shouldn't apologise for 'electing'. That is democracy.

>   The DNSO Names Council confirms that the elections were fair, that votes
> for
>   all candidates were correctly counted, and that the results thereby
>   correctly reflect the voting for each candidate. Each of these candidates
>   had the affirmative votes of at least one half (1/2) of all the members of
>   the NC, and represents a different geographic region.

Proposed wording:

 "The DNSO Names Council confirms that IT CONSIDERS the elections to
have been fair;
that votes for all candidates were correctly counted, and the results
thereby
correctly reflect the votes cast for each candidate."

This statement is the considered opinion of the Names Council and should
be labelled as such.

The fairness or otherwise of elections is always a matter of opinion to
some degree or other. We should state that this is our opinion (assuming
it is, which I am pretty certain it is!).

>   the NC, and represents a different geographic region.

Proposed wording:
 "has the citizenship of a different geographic region."

The ICANN bylaws are silent on representation, only
on citizenship.

Hope this helps.

Nigel