From: Elisabeth Porteneuve [mailto:Elisabeth.Porteneuve@cetp.ipsl.fr]
Sent: Friday, October 22, 1999 12:50 PM
To: council@dnso.org
Subject: [council] Summary of nomination/selection to be forwarded to
ICANN

Names Council,

Below is a notification confirming the election results of  the
DNSO ICANN board candidates that will be forwarded to the ICANN Board.

Due to the short time schedule we must submit the results before
the 26th of October, which is before the next scheduled teleconference.

In the meantime we have a weekend, some of you are on long distance
travels, some on few scarce days of vacation, and myself, I will
be flying to Amsterdam on Sunday October 24th in the evening,
back in Paris on October 25th late evening, after a day of difficult work.

Therefore, I propose to send the following simple text,
recapitulating the election process.
I intend to do it no later that October 26th, 9:00 CET.

Thank you for many days of hard work, some of you had to weak up
at 4:00 or 5:00 in the morning, some were asleeping at 3:00 in the
middle of night -- and all of you succeded to be positive, to be on line,
on phone, during eleven long days/nights, ready to answer to
thirteen ballots, dedicated to your work on the Names Council.
It was very hard and exhausting.
It is time to close, and tackle to the next step - an agenda
for the GA in Los Angeles is awaiting you (more in subsequent message).
From my side it was fascinating, difficult, and eventually really great.
Thank you for your support and confidence.

Elisabeth
--

Text/Summary of nomination/selection to be forwarded to ICANN:

  Tuesday, October 26th, 1999

  Board of Directors
  4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 330
  Marina del Rey CA 90292

  Cc: Michael Roberts, President and CEO

  The DNSO Names Council confirms the selection of the three DNSO
  representatives to the ICANN Board, and hereby presents them to the ICANN
  Board. The selected candidates are:

      1) Alejandro Pisanty (Mexico; Latin America/Caribbean Islands
                            region) (three year term)
      2) Amadeu Abril I Abril (Catalonia; Europe region) (two year term)
      3) Jonathan Cohen (Canada; North America region) (one year term)

  The DNSO Names Council confirms that the elections were fair, that votes
for
  all candidates were correctly counted, and that the results thereby
  correctly reflect the voting for each candidate. Each of these candidates
  had the affirmative votes of at least one half (1/2) of all the members of
  the NC, and represents a different geographic region.

  An independent review and audit of the procedures will be conducted, and
  these results will also be published when the review is complete. The
Names
  Council will open to the public the voting records subsequent to ICANN
  receiving and accepting the selected candidates.

  Sincerely,
  Elisabeth Porteneuve
  DNSO Secretariat
  on behalf of the DNSO Names Council