[council] LA Meeting Planning

To the Names Council:

In case you didn't have enough to worry about --

It is now essential that the DNSO determine the schedule for the Names
Council, GA, Constituency Group and Working Group meetings for Los Angeles.

We have been keeping a number of rooms on hold on Monday (1/11/99) and
Tuesday (2/11/99), but need to allocate them and release unneeded rooms.  In
addition, several other groups are waiting to see what the DNSO schedule
will be before making scheduling decisions of their own.

For planning purposes, the following meetings have already been scheduled:

Tuesday - 1/11/99
- GAC (all day)
- GAC Open Forum (late afternoon)

Wednesday - 2/11/99
- ICANN Public Forum (all day)

Thursday - 3/11/99
- ICANN Board Meeting (morning)

We have a sufficient number of rooms to cover just about any distribution of
Constituency Group and Working Group meetings on Monday and/or Tuesday.  For
purposes of webcasting, the DNSO Names Council and GA meetings must be
scheduled in the large auditorium either Tuesday (available all day except
the period of the GAC Open Forum in late afternoon, approx. 1 hour) or
Thursday (available after noon).

The absolute deadline for scheduling the DNSO meetings is the end of next
week.

It would be very helpful to me and Josh Elliott (IANA) if the Names Council
would designate a single individual with the authority to make (or at least
convey) scheduling decisions.

Best regards,

--Andrew

andrew mclaughlin            |                 senior adviser
internet corporation for assigned names and numbers
mclaughlin@icann.org       |       http://www.icann.org