RE: [council] Some Thoughts on the Elections Process

____

 This message is intended for the individual or entity named above.  If you
are not the intended
 recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to
others; also please
 notify the sender by replying to this message, and then delete it from
your system.  Thank you.
____

Dennis is correct that there is no specific requirement in the bylaws that
the Directors selected by the DNSO must be geographically diverse.
Instead, there is a probably unworkable aggregate provision, which is
highly likely to be changed (the staff will likely recommend that the
bylaws provide that each SO's Directors must be from different regions,
unless specifically provided to the contrary in the bylaws or otherwise).
Therefore, I suggest that the prudent and most desirable course for the
DNSO would be to ensure that its three Directors are citizens of three
different regions.  This would make it virtually certain that whatever the
ultimate bylaws requirement, the DNSO Directors would meet it.  (I am aware
of the discussion re: citizenship vs. residency, but citizenship is
currently the standard and is not likely to change in the relevant time
frame.  Of course, if the Directors were both citizens and residents of
three different regions, this would render this issue moot for the time
being.)

 (Embedded
 image moved   Dennis Jennings <Dennis.Jennings@ucd.ie>
 to file:      09/13/99 08:41 PM