Re: [council] DNSO schedule for ICANN Director elections

Andrew,

We are all working hard on this - although there are difficult issues
to resolve.  The main one is a safe election process that will give
the results required fairly and democratically.

Another issue that is not clear in my reading of the bye-laws is the
issue of the required geographically diverse outcome.  The bye-
laws imply no constraint on the three directors elected by the
DNSO, only a constraint on the aggregate set of directors.  Is this
a correct interpretation of the current bye-law situation ?  Would it
be prudent of the DNSO to make sure that the three directors
come from (are residents/citizens) of separate geographical
regions?  (IMO it should be residents by the way)

Another issue concerns the time required to consult the
Constituencies.  This is not given much priority by the majority of
the Names Council (as far as I can ascertain) but is certainly given
a high priority by the ccTLD Constituency (to judge by todays
AdCom teleconference).

Advice on the above would be appreciated.

Dennis