Re: [council] FW: [wg-c] WG C Straw Pole vote

Caroline,

One reason I abstained from the vote on this motion (besides
the fact that there were so many motions and counter motions
flying around) was that while I approved of the idea of having
Committee D come up with some expedited procedures for
working groups, the current wording might be construed to mean
"lets throw the whole WGC out and abandon it."

I do not believe the spirit of the motion was to stop all discussion
but to provide some further guidelines.  I think it should be clarified
that WGC is not abandoned, but that we could take a break from
any polling until there are procedures in place.

I think we should discuss this on the list, and perhaps draft a
statement to clarify the position - and vote on it on line.
Or we can poll everyone on the conference call next week.

Richard

--
_/_/_/interQ Incorporated
_/_/_/System Division