[council] Re: Change in ccTLD Names Council representatives

Congratulations to the new members! Long live the old ones!

Esther

At 03:12 pm 08/20/1999 +0100, Fay Howard wrote:
>Esther, Mike
>
>We, the interim members of the Names Council for the ccTLD
constituencywrite to advise  ICANN that we are stepping down from the
Council.  We are pleased to announce, in conjunction with the Constituency's
Administrative Committee, that full elections have now taken.  Three
individuals have been elected to serve a full, one year term in the Names
Council on behalf of the  ccTLD constituency and they are:

>Dennis Jennings (.IE Ireland)
>Nigel Roberts (.GG Guernsey)
>Patricio Poblete (.CL Chile)
>

>Information about the election process can be found at:
>
>http://www.centr.org/constpage/elections/index.html
>
>We understand that our appointed  neutral Returning Officer, Larry
Landweber, who has overseen the process and the ballot count, will
becontacting Mike Roberts directly to  discuss.

>A  full written report will also be compiled  detailing the election
procedures, comments received from the cctld community and improvements to
be made for future elections. This will be submitted shortly to assist
ICANN  in recognising the constituency, in accordance with the board's
Berlin resolution.

>Kind regards
>
>Fay Howard
>Nii Quaynor
>Bill Semich

Esther Dyson			Always make new mistakes!
chairman, EDventure Holdings
interim chairman, Internet Corp. for Assigned Names & Numbers
edyson@edventure.com
1 (212) 924-8800
1 (212) 924-0240 fax
104 Fifth Avenue (between 15th and 16th Streets; 20th floor)
New York, NY 10011 USA
http://www.edventure.com                    http://www.icann.org

High-Tech Forum in Europe:  24 to 26 October 1999, Budapest
PC Forum: March 12 to 15, 2000, Scottsdale (Phoenix), Arizona
Book:  "Release 2.0: A design for living in the digital age"