From: Javier SOLA [mailto:javier@aui.es]
Sent: Friday, August 06, 1999 9:41 AM
To: council@dnso.org
Cc: Jonathan Weinberg
Subject: [council] WG C calendar

Names Council,

There is a strong feeling within Working Group C that there is not enough
time to produce a report in time for it to be presented to the ICANN Board
for the November meeting.

In order to follow procedure, the report would have to be presented to the
Names Council on September 9th. The NC would send its final report to the
ICANN Board on October 14th (three weeks before the November meeting).

I have proposed this date to the Working Group. Several members of the WG,
including my co-chair, believe that this date is not realistic, that at
least one more month would be necessary to complete a report.

Is there any objection in the Names Council to delay the report on new
gTLDs to the ICANN Board? The delay would mean that the report would be
sent to be considered by the Board at the first physical meeting after
November.

Javier