Re: [council] June 12th Minutes -- we need to publish

Council,

We have to publish minutes from the NC telecon meeting July 12th
(according to Bylaws no later than 21 days after the meeting,
i.e. August 2).

I re-read carrefully the text as well as comments we received from
the NC.

I suggest the following modifications (please note I did not attend
the telecon):

Para 6.Committee F: Bill Semich

     was: apparently problems have occurred with Bill Semich
          posting to the NC-list, therefore he will be sending out
          his 18 draft proposals to the list personally.
      is: apparently problems have occurred with Bill Semich
          posting to the NC-list, (NB. due to technical
          problem at mail.nic.nu) therefore he will be sending out
          his 18 draft proposals to the list personally.
     Explanation: the intial text may suggest, wheras not intentionally,
     that there was a problem on the dnso.org server, whereas Bill
     wrote to me that some technical changes had to be done
     at .NU, and the server mail.nic.nu was off-line for a few hours.

Para 8.Chairs of the next two physical meetings

     was: As there have been objections to Javier Sola
          chairing the NCs meeting in Santiago, Tony Harris
          was volunteered, though his agreement is yet to be received,
          Nii Quaynor chairing the General Assembly meeting.
      is: Tony Harris was volunteered chairing the NCs meeting
          in Santiago, though his agreement is yet to be received,
          Nii Quaynor chairing the General Assembly meeting.
     Explanation: this neutral text should satisfy everybody.

If no objection from you before Monday, August 2, (9am Eastern US
15:00 Central European), the minutes, which are already online:
     http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/19990712.NCtelecon-minutes.html
will be added in "New this week" as well as in usual "Calendar of
DNSO Events, notes from meetings, documents".

Kind regards,
Elisabeth
NB.
    The Bylaws (ARTICLE VI-B, section 2 i) state:
     (i)  The NC shall elect the Chairman of the GA annually.
    Is this item included in the NC agenda for Santiago ?

    Reminder: the NC in Santiago is scheduled for
              Thursday, August 25, 1999 14:00 - 19:00