[council] Recommendation on WGA

Hi NCers,

I apologize for having hjoined the teleconference so late (I had a wrong
number) so I was jot able to point this out duirng the meeting.

In forwarding any recommendatiuon to the ICANN BoD the bylaws seem to imply
that NC should take a vote on this, and reprot mthe degree of "consensus
assessing" form the NC. See reference below:

Article VI-B 2 (d)

If two-thirds (2/3) of the members of the NC determine that the DNSO process
has produced a community consensus,
that consensus position shall be forwarded to the Board as a consensus
recommendation, along with all materials or other
information that could reasonably be relevant to the Board's review of that
determination, including (but not limited to)
the dissenting statement(s) of any member(s) of the NC.  If more than one-half
(1/2) but less than two-thirds (2/3) of the
members of the NC determine that the DNSO process has produced a community
consensus, that position may be
forwarded to the Board as a NC recommendation, along with statements of
majority and minority views, and any separate
or dissenting statement(s) of any member(s) of the NC.  Any proposed
recommendation that is not supported by an
affirmative vote of one-half (1/2) of the members of the NC may be returned to
the body from which it originated, or
may be assigned to a new body, for further work.   In such a case, the NC may
report to the board the lack of a consensus
and the steps, if any, it plans to take from this point forward with respect
to this particular recommendation.  The NC is
responsible for ensuring that the Board is informed of any significant
implementation or operational concerns expressed
by any responsible party.

******

I think tht a mail vote should be immediately organised regarding the concrete
recomnedations conatined in Jonahtan's report, with my addition sent later. As
an attahment, Jonathan and I should re-edit our interim and final reports so
as to provide background on the wroks and relarive veiws of participants.

Best regards,

Amadeu