Re: [council] June 12th Minutes

Hello;

Not to put too fine a point on it, but the actual discussion of who would chair the NC meeting in Santiago went something like this:

Javier proposed that Nii Quaynor chair the GA meeting and that Tony Harris chair the NC meeting.

Someone raised the question of whether Tony had been asked if he was interested in being chair.

Javier said he had not asked him (or, perhaps, he had not heard back from him)

Someone proposed that, in the event Tony could not serve as chair, Javier should serve as chair.

I asked that we wait until Tony had responded before we vote on his substitute - at the next teleconference.

No objection was heard to this position.

To explain my thinking, since that seems important, I believed we should first see how Tony Harris responded, instead of putting him in the position of seeing someone else in line for the role. Whether Javier or anyone else had been proposed as a "backup" I would have responded the same.

Nothing personal <smile>.

BTW, has anyone heard back from Tony?

Bill Semich